Quoted from their ‘Our Story’ on their website. https://www.churchoftheblues.ca
“We Are…The Historic Dewdney Pub, also known as the Church of the Blues. We are located along the banks of the Dewdney slough in
The building started as an Anglican church in 1912; survived the catastrophic 1948 Flood; became a residence much later; and was finally transformed into a pub in 1978. It was of the first neighborhood pubs in BC.
Recent renovations have kept the historic value of the building with the rural fixtures, local historic photos, fir wainscoting, stained glass and memorabilia respectful of the fishing, logging
The current owners, were the first to bring consistent live blues music to the Fraser Valley in 2008. Our ‘legendary blues jam’ is on Sundays; every Sunday, without fail, with the exception of an act of God. But, so far, he (she) seems to like the blues. Given the building’s heritage and our great music, it has become known as, ‘the Church of the Blues’. In fact, we have been named one of the ‘top 35 blues clubs in Canada’ by Click it Tick
This is the real deal, a real roadhouse, with great food, great music and great friendly service.
Maybe, just maybe……………….. we are the last great roadhouse.
Join us for our Sunday Services and our exceptional musical events.”